Monday, October 27, 2008

I have a story to tell but it has a pre-story. A few weeks ago my son Rui was in the shower and he noticed that we had Axe bodywash in there. My husband's and he says to me - "Hey Mom! If I use that stuff girls will fall all over me. Can I have some?" Come ON! Is that marketing at its very best or what? The advertising campaigns even work on 5 year olds!! So you gotta give him some Axe then doncha? They we (me and my daughter) pretended to fall all over him the rest of the day every time we got close enough for a sniff.

Fast forward to yesterday - we were going to go have dinner at my sister and b-i-l's house, (always a great time) but Rui needed a shower or bath. You know boys - they stink sometimes and not in a good way.



So he runs upstairs and tells his dad he needs a shower. In he goes. Well I don't hear much from them for a few minutes except laughing and sillyness and all of a sudden there he is - all dressed up and ready for the party. And what does he say?
"Hey Mom - smell my neck!"
Isn't the little brat wearing my husband's cologne!? And he was STRUTTING!
Monster. So we fell all over him for another day. Man this kid is going to have an ego the size of the CN Tower. I guess that is as it should be.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Love that story Kim! What a boy!! This so needs to make it's way onto a scrap page to be remembered forever!!

Regan said...

OMG lauging my butt off - kids are so cute aren't they!!!